Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dios obra en maneras misteriosas

Querida Familia y Amigos,

Wednesday I went on an exchange in Enumclaw. There are great things going on there and they have a great area. It was nice to go back because it has been a long time since I served over there. (It was part of our area in Kent). They are trying to start a Spanish branch there!

On Friday we went to a baptism in Kent because we had an investigator and I had been asked to give the closing prayer. It was the husband in a part-member family who we had visited often while I was there but he was never interested. It was sweet to see how the atonement can change peoples hearts. They looked so happy. Also, it looked like our investigators weren't going to go because we couldn't get a hold of them. We had been waiting for them to arrive and were running late because they hadn't gotten there. Hermana Rodrigues and I went into a closet in the church and prayed that our investigators could go to the baptism. We called one of them who had committed to go and he said that he couldn't anymore. We still couldn't get a hold of the other one. Then right as we were about to leave to do something else he called and told us that he was on his way. It was a miracle and we know that he felt the Spirit in the baptism.

This week in my Book of Mormon reading I was able to read Mosiah 26 where Alma is concerned about the wickedness of many of the members of the church. He doesn't know what to do so he goes to the Lord in prayer. I love the way the Lord speaks to him and gives him specific answers to His questions. I know that we can also communicate with the Lord through prayer.

Con amor,

Hermana Kinghorn