Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dientes

Querida Familia y amigos,

This week we met A nice couple. She met with the missionaries three years ago in Sacramento, California but was never baptized. She did, however, seem to have a very good relationship with them and went to the farewell for one of the elders when he went home from his mission. The interesting thing is that her husband doesn't believe in God. He feels like he hasn't received any blessings and that he hasn't noticed any difference in his life when he has prayed and when he hasn't. But he does have a sincere heart and my companion Hermana Rodrigues shared one of the most powerful experiences and testimonies that I have heard in my entire mission. After that he basically committed himself to read The Book of Mormon and pray about it. It was a good experience.

I loved the Book of Mormon reading this week. I love 2 Nephi 25 and all of the prophecies about Jesus Christ. Verse 20 talks about how there is no other name whereby man can be saved. I know that is true that only through Christ can we be saved.

Con amor,

Hermana Kinghorn