Querida familia y amigos,
This week we had an incredible lesson with our investigator and invited him to be baptized. We plan to meet with him again this week to help him. On Friday we had a lesson with him and when we showed up he said that he had invited his friend (great!). By the time we went to get his friend and go to the church for the lesson there wasn't much time left so we just went to the Samoan ward's activity that they invited us to. It was so fun and I know that they enjoyed it. I think it was there first time doing something in the Polynesian culture.
This week we went to go find a less-active member that we met on the street last week. We knocked on the door of her house but no one was home. I realized that my first week in the area I had knocked the door across the street and they told us that someone that wasn't home at the time might have interest. We had never gone back so we decided to knock the door this week. When we knocked the door, Margarita answered and told us that she had learned from the Mormon missionaries in Oaxaca, Mexico for a year and went to church but never wanted to be baptized. After a year she finally decided to be baptized and then found out right afterward that she was coming to the United States and was never baptized. We have a lesson with her tonight. What a hope-promoting experience. I imagine that the missionaries were so sad when she left for the US but now we are receiving the blessings of their work. Truly, no effort is wasted as missionaries!
I am amazed at the love that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for every missionary (and for every one of their children) and for the small ways that they manifest that love daily.
Love,
Hermana Kinghorn