Querida Familia y amigos,
I was transferred today to... Seattle! I will now be serving in the Seahurst Spanish Branch in the Seattle Stake. It was all very suprising because we thought for certain I would be in Federal Way for a long time, but Hermana Melton is training a new sister there and I am here with the lovely Hermana Probst. She came out one transfer after me and is great! She has been here in Seattle for her entire mission. I will really miss Hermana Melton and all of the members in Federal Way. The members there are so great and Hermana Melton and I worked really well together. I'm so grateful for all that I learned there and am really excited to work here with Hermana Probst.
Hermana Hoskins went home yesterday and because we had to pick up her companion (Hermana Probst) I was able to say good-bye to her. It was definitely bitter-sweet to see her go because she is such a great missionary, but we are happy for all of the things that lie in store. I was blessed to have such a great trainer.
The biggest thing that happened this week was the ward Halloween party. The members did such a great job and probably 2/3 of the Spanish-speakers there were not members of the church. We were able to talk to a lot of people and we even had a lesson with the friend of one of the members after.
I was reading in The Book of Mormon this week and it reminded me of the importance of following the promptings of the Spirit. It reminded of the talk by Elder Bednar from General Conference. I like what he said about how everything we do after we are baptized should be geared toward following the command to "receive the Holy Ghost." If we have the Holy Ghost we will do the right things in this life and we will be able to endure to the end and receive eternal life. In Helaman 10 it talks about the prophet Nephi. In verse 4 we read that a voice said to him that he was blessed for the things that he had done and for his dilligence. He was a great missionary and he didn't always get to see the results of his work, just like in life we don't always know or understand the results of all of our actions. In verse 16 we read that he had the Spirit of God with him that gave him power and lead his work. When we have the spirit with us we can have confidence just like Elder Eyring said in Conference. We can know that we are following our Savior Jesus Christ and we can trust that we will receive all of the promises that our Heavenly Father has given us. We will trust them and they will trust us.
I love you all!!
Con amor,
Hermana Kinghorn