Monday, November 8, 2010

La primera semana de pura locura en Seattle

Querida Familia y amigos,

It was a great first week here in Seattle. I am completely overwhelmed. We have a very large area that is all urban and packed full of people. We also have amazing members here who are so welcoming. I'm grateful to be overwhelmed with too much to do and not too little.

I love my new companion. She is so sweet. She's from Utah and speaks Spanish really well. We are working great together and I know that we will see miracles here.

Just this week we invited one of our investigator to be baptized and he said yes. He is such a humble and good man who is looking to make changes in his life. The major challenge will be to make sure that he can make it to his work in downtown Seattle on time. I know that it will work out for him.

In the Seahurst branch there are elders and sisters and the elders had a baptism on Saturday. President and Sister Larkin payed a surprise visit to the baptism and the branch president asked them to share their testimonies and then he turned to me and said, "Hermana Kinghorn will interpret." I was surprised but it went really well. I love all the opportunities that we have to interpret for people whether it is a member who needs to write a note to their child's school, in sacrament meeting, or at a baptism. I feel so blessed to be able to help people.

I had a really great study of The Book of Mormon this week. I was reading in 3 Nephi 1 and I am always so impressed by the faith that the people exercised. It makes me think as a missionary that if we have faith we are going to find someone to teach, we can never lose that faith even if we don't see when it is going to happen. I know that Heavenly Father blesses us for our faith. I know that The Book of Mormon is a true testament of Jesus Christ.

Con amor,

Hermana Kinghorn