Querida Familia y amigo
Hermana Probst and I rode the bus on Thursday. We saw this little part of Seattle on the map called Georgetown and based on its location we thought that there were probably Spanish speakers there so we hopped on a bus that went through that part of town on its way to Seattle. Then while on the bus we were talking to someone who suggested this park in Seattle that we should go to so we stayed on all of the way until Seattle. I didn't realize how long it had been since I had been to a city until we got off the bus. We talked to a few people who spoke Spanish, but it was very ineffective so we got on the next bus out of there. On that bus we talked to a young man from Mexico that basically just wanted to argue and to tell us what we believed. It was very frustrating. Later that day we got lost and ended up going through Georgetown on accident. It was small, but kind of eery at night. Not anything like the Georgetown in the other Washington. We'll see if we go back during the day.
I love the members here in Seattle. They are very loving. I think part of it is me adjusting to the culture and feeling more at ease with being a missionary. One thing I have noticed is how important it is to really love the people and to express that love. It was something that I learned from Hermana Melton. Now I can show more love because I'm not expecting anything in return.
Hermana Probst and I had a very good talk about the atonement in our companionship study this morning. I am so grateful for the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and how through the truths that have been restored we have more access to our Savior's atonement. We can come to know Him better through the scriptures that have been restored. We have preisthood power that allows us to make covenants with our Heavenly Father that we might receive more fully the blessings and cleansing of our sins from the atonement. We enjoy the gift of the Holy Ghost which allows us to use the atonement in our daily lives. We have temples where we can learn even more about Christ. I love this gospel. I cannot deny that it is true because I have tasted of it and I know that it is good. I love you all so much!
Con amor,
Hermana Kinghorn