Querida Familia y Amigos,
On Saturday I received one of the happiest phone calls of my life. I wasn't able to go to the baptism of D. and C., but they called me on Saturday morning 15 minutes before their baptism. They sounded so happy. When I was talking to C. I felt a happines that I had never felt before. I can't wait to go to their sealing next year!
On Sunday I had (got?) to translate sacrament meeting. Hermana Melton wasn't feeling well so I translated the first hour and she finished up with the last 25 minutes. Those who are listening wear headphones and the person translating sits up at the front near the sacrament table. I knew Hermana Melton wasn't feeling well so that morning before church I spent a lot of time praying that I would have the gift of tongues and would be able to translate well and that those listening would feel the Spirit. The process of translating is pretty difficult because you have to listen in one language and then say it back as closely as possible and as quickly as possible in the other language. I know the Hermana Kinghorn-translated version of sacrament meeting was more basically worded than the English version, but I was so blessed to be able to do it with very little problems. I'm so grateful for the gifts of the Spirit that we enjoy as missionaries to be able to help others.
Amor
Hermana Kinghorn