Querida Familia y Amigos,
Things are going well here.
We had interviews with President Larkin this week. We were able to talk to Sister Larkin outside while we were waiting for our companions to be interviewed. I just love them both.
One thing President Moffat talked about is following the Spirit to know what to study on any given day. I have tried to follow that counsel and have found myself guided to study different topics. Lately I have felt a greater need to study the atonement of Jesus Christ. Have any of you studied this topic lately? What have you learned?
I have some funny dog stories from this week. First on Thursday we went to check up on a referral and this woman let us into her home. The little chiuhuahuas were pretty wild so they put them in the backyard. Then someone came inside from the backyard and didn't know that they shouldn't let the dogs in. They ran in and jumped up on me and licked me in the mouth. Gross! I'm sorry, but I just do not like dogs. Then on Friday we stopped by a potential investigator's house that my companion met on exchanges. When I reached over to give him a handshake his medium-sized dog jumped up and tried to bite me. Luckily she missed and only bit my shirt, but I was definitely startled. Then the best story happened on Saturday when Hermana Melton and I were walking out of this little trailer park and this dog started barking and then following us. As we walked faster it walked faster and when Hermana Melton shook her bag at the dog to get it to go away, it just got more vicious. When we turned forward to walk it started to get closer to us so we started walking backwards. So two sister missionaries who do not like dogs are walking backwards down the street out of this trailer park shaking their tracting bags at a dog that is pursuing them. I'm sure we looked ridiculous. Then Hermana Melton decides to pick up a stick which just makes it more angry and we're laughing because of the terrible situation we were in. We finally get out of the trailer park and the dog stopped following us, but this lady shouts out to us from her house with this big smile that she watched us be pursued by this dog all the way down the street. Great! Mark my words: I will not have a dog.
Con amor,
Hermana Kinghorn
From Audrey (Andrea's mom): It is funny hearing that Andrea does not want a dog because growing up she always wanted a dog but her dad was completely against it. She even did research on the best family dog and presented it, with pictures, to her dad but he still refused. With a great amount of sadness she finally gave up but swore that she would someday have a dog.