Querida Familia y amigos,
We had Zone Conference yesterday. The theme for this zone conference was holiness and becoming a more holy mission. There was a very strong Spirit present there. I was asked to give a talk about holiness. We all have to prepare a 5-minute talk but we never know who is going to give it until the moment he calls our name to come up to the podium. I was so thankful to learn more about holiness from the Bible Dictionary in preparation for my talk. My study taught me that I can become more Christlike so that those I teach can have more blessings in their lives because they are better able to know their Savior from my example.
This week on Tuesday we received a call from the zone leaders in the morning telling us that they had prayed and received a strong impression that of all of the areas in the zone, ours was one that had someone that would accept the invitation to be baptized that day. We were a little nervous because we didn't have any set appointments but we took it with faith and got to work. Then a few hours later we received a voicemail from the assistant who told us that President Larkin had asked him to pray and then to call two areas in the mission that he felt impressed had someone in their area who could be invited to be baptized that day. Hermana Rodrigues was confused because she thought that we had already deleted that message then we realized that it was another message. We called the zone leaders and they said that the calls were completely unrelated and they were so excited that they had independently received impressions of the same thing that the assistance received. So then we really got down to work and that night we went to a family and even though they had been having some doubts they accepted the invitation to prepare to be baptized. It was an amazing miracle!
I am reading The Book of Mormon this time looking for the different ways that the names of Christ are used throughout. I am impressed at how much I am marking references to Christ in The Book of Mormon. Almost every single verse makes mention of Him.
I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and the eternal perspective that it gives us so that, as it says in 1 Nephi1:5-7, we can arrive at our promised land and know without a doubt that we were brought there by the hand of God.
Con amor,
Hermana Kinghorn