Monday, February 7, 2011

El Evangelio

Querido Familia y amigos,

This was an amazing week. Two beautiful daughters of God were baptized on Saturday! I love my new companion, Hermana Rodrigues (the S is because she is Portuguese). This is basically her second transfer and she has a lot of enthusiasm for the work. She has such a good attitude and is willing to try new things and share her testimony and teach new principles. Sometimes an investigator will ask me a question that I know she can answer so I will turn to her and say, "What do you think, Hermana Rodrigues?" She says she panics a little bit when I turn to her but then she realizes that she can do a lot more things than she thought she could. Having a newer companion makes me stay on my toes to always be a good example. I am thankful to be her companion.

One Sister's baptism was perfect. Just the way she wanted it. Her husband's family came out of town from Idaho and Montana and she was baptized and confirmed by her brother-in-law. She was so happy to be confirmed a member of the Church and cried when she partook of the sacrament for the first time. I feel really privileged that I could be a part of her baptism.

For one baptismal interview we met with her and her mom just before to review the questions. She is so smart and has a testimony of all of the questions. We had taught her some hand signs for the ten commandments that she loved and was so disappointed that it wasn't a question in the baptismal interview so I told her to just show the elder that interviewed her that she knew all of the ten commandments even if he didn't ask her about them. She was very excited and did.

One of the recent converts baptized her and it was his first time. He did a great job. On Sunday we taught Janeth's primary class. They are all the girls between the age of 8 and 12 but most of them were baptized within the last six months. As we were talking about the childhood of Jesus Christ she raised her hand in the lesson and out of nowhere said, "Yesterday I felt like I was floating." I thought she was referring to the fact that she had to be baptized four times because she wasn't completely immersed and the words were just a little off so I said, "Is that from being baptized so many times?" She said, "No. It was after I was baptized. I was so happy I just felt like I was floating." She is so cute. Then all of the other girls wanted to talk about how they felt when they were baptized and they just all started talking about how they feel the Holy Ghost in their lives.

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. My testimony of Him grows every day.

I love you all very much.

Hermana Kinghorn