Querida Familia y Amigos,
It's transfers today and I'm being moved to Federal Way. It's sad to leave Kent, but things are going so well here and I am happy to let the new sister, Hermana Galarza, enjoy it. Federal Way has a Spanish group that is part of an English ward instead of a Spanish branch like we have here in Kent. My new companion will be Hermana (Andrea) Melton. She's been out for a year now and is from northern Mexico although she has mostly grown up in the US. She goes to BYU and did a lot of things with Multicultural Student Services there so we know a lot of the same people. She is a great missionary.
We had a new investigator this week who didn't read. Again it was so disappointing and we changed our lesson plans to focus on reading The Book of Mormon. We were really able to focus on his needs and why he specifically needed to read. We stopped by on Sunday to check up on him and he had read! Not only did he read Alma 32, he also decided that he wanted to know who Alma was so he went to the Guia para el Estudio de las Escrituras (GEE) which is like a Bible Dictionary-Topical Guide combination and studied about Alma. Then he went to the front of the book to read the Introduction. It was great to see the light in his eyes as he told us all about what he had read. I know there is a special spirit in The Book of Mormon.
I said goodbye to one of the families we are teaching last night and it was sad, but I know that I will see them again. I told them I will be there when they are sealed in the temple. That will be a happy day!
Con amor,
Hermana Kinghorn