Monday, June 14, 2010

Más bautismos



Querida Familia y Amigos,

M. was baptized on Saturday! It was such a happy day. There was so much support from the ward she was being baptized into and the ward that her son was a member of before he went on his mission. The mother of her son's best friend who introduced him to the church was there playing the piano. The stake president gave the welcome because the bishopric couldn't be there. He speaks Spanish and knew her son from before his mission. The love for her was tangible. I feel blessed to have been a part of the process.

We were also able to go to C,s' baptism earlier in the day on Saturday. It was another happy event.

I never knew it before, but Alma 9-10 is actually about the importance of members in missionary work. In Alma 9:2, 31-32 the people doubt Alma and his calling as a servant of the Lord. He was a stranger to them and was preaching pretty extreme things from their point of view. Then in Alma 10 Amulek begins to speak. In verse 4 it explains who he was, a man with a reputation who had many friends and relatives among the people. In verse 6 he relates to the people by saying how he used to feel like them. Then in verses 10-11 he gives a second witness to Alma's testimony. In verse 12 we see how the people were amazed because there was more than one testimony and the spirit of prophecy was present. I know this is true. How great it is to bear testimony of the gospel as a member!

I heard the World Cup is going on. You can't miss it when everyone's TV is fútbol all day long. Yay soccer!

I love you all.

Con amor,

Hermana Kinghorn