Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"El campo blanco esta ya para la siega"

MTC Service day. Hermana Kinghorn and Rockwood received valentine socks.

This letter came a couple of weeks ago and I am just a little late in posting it.
Last week, February 23, Andrea called from the airport on her way to the
mission field sent a written letter that let me know that she arrived safely in
Seattle and that she loves her mission president and his wife, the Moffats.
Querida Familia,

It has been a bittersweet week. Five of the eight of us in our
district left for South America on Monday morning. I'll admit
it, I cried when they left. I was surprised at my reaction,
but after being with them all day for 9 weeks, teaching with
them, eating with them, laughing with them, and testifying
with them, it was hard to say goodbye. I know they will be
great missionaries. And since they have dubbed me the "mom"
of the district, I am sure they will all have the experience
of hearing at least once the voice of Hermana Kinghorn saying,
"Elder, that is probably not a good idea."

This week, the three of us that are left are going to have a
lot of opportunities to practice teaching and evaluating
ourselves. We are also going to speak Spanish with our
teachers for the whole day. Tomorrow we will host the new
missionaries coming to the MTC.

The hermanas in my room and I have been having so much fun
during gym time lately. I have discovered my inner basketball
player playing knock-out everyday. We have even mastered
4-square. I will really miss the hermanas. They are so great.

My time in the MTC is quickly coming to a close. It has also
been an amazing spiritual experience that I wouldn't trade
for anything else. I remember shortly before I came on my
mission I had the desire that I would learn lessons as a
missionary that would truly convert my heart and my character.
In the first two months, that has already been true.

I have been working on setting goals for my mission that are
based on faith. One thing that has become more clear to me
recently is the need to set goals with the help of the Lord
through prayer. When I receive a confirmation that the goal
I am setting is the will of God, then I can have the faith to
do everything within my power to achieve the goal and I know
He will make up the rest. I am so excited to serve the people
of Seattle...it is less than a week away!

Amor,

Hermana Kinghorn