Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fwd: La semana antes de la semana final!


Querida Familia,

Things have been going well here in the MTC as our time
is winding down. Five of the elders leave on Monday and
the rest of us leave the next week. On Wednesday we have
a "Dia en el Campo" or "Day in the Field." Our teachers
scheduled appointments in the TE (Teaching Evaluation or
a center where missionaries can schedule appointments to
practice teaching teachers and receive feedback) for the
whole day. I will be teaching 11 times. All of our
teaching scenarios are based on real people that our
teachers taught on their missions. We have loved preparing
to teach based on real situations and we are excited and
nervous about tomorrow!

Another activity that we've been working on lately and
that we did the first few days here is watching "6 Billion
Others" videos online. If you haven't been there, I really
suggest visiting their website. Basically it is just
thousands (I think) of interviews of people from all over
the world. The interviewers ask all the people the same
questions and you're able to get a sense of who all of
these people are and how their life experiences shape them.
We have watched Josif, Penelope, and Bruno. After we watch
their video we talk about where the person is spiritually,
what more information you would want from them to better
teach them, and how the doctrines of the gospel could bless
them.

Lately my companions and I have been practicing sharing our
testimonies in Spanish. On Sunday we're allowed to walk up
to the temple and usually there are several hundred
missionaries up there. We usually find missionaries with
Spanish nametags and ask them if we can share our short
testimonies. I love testifying in Spanish because I have to
think about every word that I say and the way that I say it.
The only way for us to testify in Spanish is sincerely, and
that is beautiful.

The sisters that are going to serve English-speaking in
Seattle with me arrived here at the MTC last week. I was
a host sister, which means I greet the missionaries when
they arrive and take them around, and I was able to host
Sister Hughes (one of the Seattle-bound missionaries).
This means that when they leave in three weeks, I will be
flying with them!

Tengan cuidado. Dios vive. El los ama. Recureden que son
sus hijos. Hablen con El in oración cada dia y los seguirá.
(That was missing some accent marks above the E in "El").

Su amorosa hija y hermana,

Hermana Kinghorn