Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Otra semana en el CCM

Querida Familia y Amigos,

Through the things I've struggled with this week, I have learned
to rely on Christ. One thing that has been hard about serving a
mission is not having my family or any of my close friends who
love me to turn to when I am struggling. But this has taught me
to rely on the Lord and he has comforted me in ways I had never
previously experienced. I can honestly say that as I worked with
the Lord to maintain the Spirit this week, I have never been
happier and more focused as a missionary. For some reason, in
my time of greatest pain, my call as a missionary has become so
clear to me.

I have had a lot of opportunities to provide service here in my
Branch that I am really grateful for. Two Sundays ago I sang
"Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" in Sacrament Meeting with
an elder in my district playing the piano. This last Sunday I
played the piano AND I had to give the talk. I was totally
shocked when they asked me to give the talk because I guess I
thought that because I was playing the piano I was safe...
wrong! My talk was on the Holy Ghost and I used Mom's conversion
story to show the differences in the Light of Christ, the Power
of the Holy Ghost, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

Also, Sister Vicki F. Matsumori came and spoke in Relief Society
on Sunday. She is the 2nd Counselor in the General Primary
Presidency. She talked with us about how sister missionaries can
help the primary children. We were able to learn a new primary
song together.

On the way home from the temple today, one sister in our group
felt like we should stop some other women who were leaving the
temple. She felt like we should all share our testimonies with
them and we did. One of the women started crying and said that
what we shared with her is exactly what she needed to hear. I
know that if we will listen the Spirit, the Lord will guide and
direct us in our everyday interactions. Being prompted by the
Spirit to serve others is not just for missionaries; it is for
everyone! I know that this is true!

Con muchisimo amor,

Hermana Kinghorn