Querida familia y amigos,
Pictures are on the way! I printed some pictures and put them in the mail today so you should be receiving them soon. Yay!
This morning my companions and I went to the temple and attended a sealing session. This was our first sealing session and we loved it. Anyway, it made me think that I cannot wait to see our whole family together in the temple. That will be a wonderful day. I love the temple.
My companions are great. They are both so funny and we are always laughing. The three of us have very different personalities, but somehow it just works out well for us. Hermana Tetelpa is leaving tomorrow for the field and three new sisters will arrive in our zone. They will be living with Hermana Mendez and me. There is always a little anxiety when new sisters arrive, but I am sure they will be great roommates and fellow missionaries. We are really going to miss Hermana Tetelpa though.
Every morning for the past week I have been waking up early so I can read El Libro De Mormon (The Book of Mormon) in Spanish for 30 minutes before I get ready in the morning. When I do this I feel like the whole day just goes better for me and I am able to focus more in class and in my personal study. I also feel myself learning Spanish more rapidly. It's great! If I can understand all of the obscure words in the scriptures, speaking and listening will be a breeze. I know Heavenly Father will bless me for my efforts to preach the gospel in Spanish.
This week we began complete Spanish immersion in class. From now on we will be teaching in Spanish. Last night I had a chance to teach in Spanish. It is hard because there are so many things I want to say but I am limited in my vocabulary and ability to conjugate. At the same time, it makes me focus on the basics and on being sincere so the spirit will be invited to the lesson. Please forgive me if my English becomes hard to understand. I am already forgetting how to spell.
This week I have listened to many of Elder Scott's talks in Spanish. One of the talks was from April 2007 on the Supernal Gift of Prayer. It has made me think a lot about my prayers and how well I am doing with actually communicating with Heavenly Father. I am working to have the faith to be more specific in my prayers to Him. What an incredible blessing that God, the All-Powerful, All-Knowing Creator of the universe, loves us and desires to communicate with us. I know that He hears and answers our prayers.
Les amo (I love you all),
Hermana Kinghorn
P.S. And one more story I forgot to tell you last time. I was making calls in Spanish in the Referral Center this week. I made a few successful calls in Spanish and was able to send the missionaries to one family and the Finding Faith in Christ DVD to another person. They actually understood me and were very patient with me. Success!