Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Felicidad

Querida Familia y Amigos,

We are really late writing the email this week. This morning in companion study we talked about praying with faith, being led by the Spirit. In our discussion we decided that as a companionship we needed to be more specific in our prayers. This morning we prayed that we would be able to find someone to share the gospel with as we were going to the library or the store and sure enough on our way into the library we met someone and ended up missing our reservation and having to reschedule for later in the day. I am grateful for the power of specific prayers and I know that the Lord always answers our prayers according to our faith and to His will.

This week we had a few chances to bear testimony of The Book of Mormon while tracting. I felt like I should take Moroni's challenge (Moroni 10:4) and pray to receive a confirmation that it is true. That morning in companionship study we were able to look through scriptures in The Book of Mormon that spoke about the atonement to share with one of our investigators. In that study I received confirmation in my heart that it testifies of Jesus Christ. The lesson that we were planning for was canceled, but later that day we were tracting and we met a man from Sinaloa, Mexico who told us that he had read the Book of Mormon and that it was fantasy and not true. He also said that we could not know that it was true. I was so grateful that just that morning I had received a confirming witness from the Holy Ghost. Hermana Melton and I were able to (respectfully of course) testify that The Book of Mormon was in fact true and that actually we did know it.

Being a missionary is great. I know that Jesus is the Christ, our Savior. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that we are members of Christ's church here on the earth and that we do have His authority. I love remembering my covenants every week at church. And I love you all!!

Con amor,

Hermana Kinghorn