Querida Familia y Amigos,
We found out on Saturday night that Hermana Hoskins is being transferred and I am staying here in Kent. Hermana Hoskins will probably be white-washed into the new area that is being created for Spanish sisters. We don't yet know who will be our new companions, but with only 8 Spanish sisters it is pretty easy to guess. I will let you know next week who my new companion is. I was pretty nervous when I found out Hermana Hoskins was leaving because this means that I will be the companion that knows the area. Also, Hermana Hoskins is the sister that knows Spanish best after our two native-speaking sisters (who are not being transferred from their areas) so that means that I will have to do a lot more talking and I will have to pay even closer attention in conversations. But I know that Heavenly Father didn't send us here to fail and even though I know that I will make a lot of mistakes this next transfer, I know that He will be with us. All things are possible through Christ!
We had a pretty good week here. We worked hard and again never really had a break, but that's alright. I think we have given up on that idea.
We were able to invite M. to be baptized this week. The sisters have been teaching her for a few months, but she wanted to wait to be baptized when her son returned home from his mission in Chile in October 2011. We decided to teach her a lesson about baptism and confirmation with the help of members. One thing I've noticed is the more I think of the blessings I have received from covenants I've made with God (especially baptism) and renewing those covenants (through the sacrament) and having the spirit with me, the more natural it is for me to incorporate baptism into our lessons and invite others to be baptized. M. accepted the invitation to be baptized and we are looking forward to helping her work toward this goal.
General Conference was great. We watched it in English and I cannot wait to receive our May Ensign so we can read the talks over and over again. Hermana Hoskins and I were able to receive answers to many of our questions about how we should work with our investigators and able to find talks that apply to their lives. We cannot wait to share all that we learned at General Conference with our investigators and less-active members.
Con amor,
Hermana Kinghorn