Monday, April 26, 2010
Bautismos
Querida Familia y Amigos,
F. was baptized this week! This is the first baptism I've been a part of where I was there when they were invited to be baptized and throughout the whole teaching process. She has so much faith and it was an honor to teach her the gospel. After she was baptized we were waiting in the dressing room and she just hugged us and cried. It was beautiful. We introduced her to the Singles Ward and she fits right in there. Her English isn't perfect, but she is taking classes at the Community College and I know everything will end up just fine for her there.
This was a very good week for us here in Kent -- we invited three people to be baptized! I love them all and they will all be strong members of the church. One of them is C. We have been teaching her for a little over a month now. C.'s mother is a member and she has 7 children. Her greatest desire is that one of them joins the church. C., who is pregnant with twins, moved in. C. is so bright and has a deep faith. She has read the Book of Mormon every time we have visited her and sometimes even reads more chapters than what we ask her to read because she is curious. She also tried to read the Bible with The Book of Mormon and uses the additional reading selections at the back of the pamphlets on The Restoration and The Plan of Salvation. She always has good questions and is very open with us. She has a strong testimony but just doesn't know it yet. Her baptismal date is May 30 and she is a joy to work with.
Hermana Fillmore played the piano and I sang Yo Sé Que Vive Mi Señor (I Know That My Redeemer Lives) in sacrament meeting yesterday. It was nice and we hope that it invited the Spirit. We love to use music to bless the branch here.
I hope all is going well for you all.
Con amor,
Hermana Kinghorn
Andrea would love to hear from you, please write to her at:
Sister Andrea Joy Kinghorn
Washington Seattle Mission
10675 NE 20th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
