Queries familia y amigos,
Today someone in the grocery store saw our nametags and that they were in Spanish and started to talk to us. He said, "De donde sois?" Which if you speak Spanish is this conjugation called vosotros that they only use in Spain and in the scriptures. It was strange because I can honestly say that no one has spoken to me in vosotros in my entire mission so I did not understand what he was saying until I realized that he was speaking to me in what to us is basically scripture language. We told him where we were from. He was obviously from Spain.
We didn't baptize anyone in December. But we never lost our faith. I feel like I am a one hundred times better missionary than I was before this huge trial of our faith. I am better at leaving behind commitments and at sharing my testimony. We spend less time in breaks and more time working. I am happier as a missionary in every way. 2011 will be a great year.
We had someone at church on Sunday! We ran around all Sunday morning trying to help our investigators to get to church and none of them were home or awake. We were sitting in the chapel waiting for sacrament meeting to start when another one of our investigators that we had talked to on Sunday walked in with her six children. Her parents and brothers are members that I knew when I served in Federal Way. She loves the church and had a good experience there.
Also, one of the recent convert families that we have been working with and having member lessons with has seen some amazing missionary success. We promised them that it would happen for them in 12 weeks and we had a family home evening at their house on Sunday where they invited the father's brother and sister-in-law (she is not a member) and another friend who is not a member. The husband of the non-member has just started going back to church because of his brother and he told us that he wants his wife to be baptized.
Have you read Elder Nelson's talk from the Priesthood session of General Conference? I love it! It is so perfect about member missionary work. My favorite part is his story about the Book of Mormon. I am going to respond the same way he did in the future when someone asks me a similar question. Let me know what you think about the talk! I hope you all had a very happy new year. Love you!
Con amor,
Hermana Kinghorn